Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectso here's my lonzo take...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2631020&mesg_id=2631130
2631130, so here's my lonzo take...
Posted by dula dibiasi, Mon Nov-20-17 11:00 PM
great playmaker. great vision. uncanny talent for passing. will prolly be top 3-5 in apg for as long as he wants to be.

good defender. good rebounder for his position.

he isn't a great athlete, or a great dribbler. so i don't think he's ever going to be able to consistently create separation from his defender, or turn the corner on the man in front of him.

when you look at players historically with his build and handle, in order for them to develop into all star / all league types, they typically need to be great shooters.

not good. GREAT.

so i don't see him being that. i honestly see a slightly better rubio type. which is fine. i'm prolly the biggest rubio fan here. so if lonzo is that, surrounded with shooters / scorers, that's great. and that team will be very good.

but i don't think they drafted him #2 overall to be rubio 2.0. and i don't see this transcendent superstar that the league and media are desperately trying to market and shove down our throats. and that's honestly prolly what annoys ppl.

if he's just a solid but unspectacular point guard... essentially rubio on a glamour franchise in a glamour market with a boxing promoter dad, is all this hype REALLY worth it? and are all these magic/kobe/kidd comps really doing him any favors?