Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthe brought it a long in terms of dedication and stuff, not sure about style
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2630175&mesg_id=2630392
2630392, he brought it a long in terms of dedication and stuff, not sure about style
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Nov-15-17 10:35 PM
being the most influential is about putting your stamp on how other guys play. it's weird how ball-dominating guards like iverson and marbury turned out to be real influential. aerial forwards like elgin baylor and connie hawkins back in the day.

one of the things i think is TBD--maybe with time or just thought--is the "positionless" thing with lebron. here vex draws a line from him to the way teams are built today. i disagree with that. do-everything guys like lebron have existed before (magic, oscar) and are easy to see in any era. the guys like draymond green, boris diaw, lamar odom, kevin garnett, et al, i see them as being maybe more novel or influential, you also have coaches like d'antoni and kerr moving that movement.

the influence of lebron to me is more on the leadership and business sides of the game than anything. it's hard to copy what he does because one in 10,000 pro players have that kind of talent.