Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectfor some reason i thought he waited a year but it's irrelevant
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2629764&mesg_id=2630650
2630650, for some reason i thought he waited a year but it's irrelevant
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Nov-17-17 11:37 AM
AI is already first ballot. Best thing Melo can do is equal that. Meanwhile he will never have won as many playoff series/games or as many scoring titles.

As far as Anthony goes, like CWebb I was actually a huge fan initially. It's disappointing to me to see someone with so much talent not get the most out of it. With Webber, injuries were a factor and also he was just left completely unchecked early in his career (of course he was a petulant asshole that rejected any and all forms of guidance). With Anthony, I didn't see that as much, he grew as an individual player but still never rounded out his game or became a top-five guy like he could have been. It's more disappointment than hate, but then you have people saying flowery things about him like he didn't underachieve. As good as his career has been, it could have been a lot better.

You could make the same argument for Iverson and another one of my favorites, Charles Barkley, but the freak worker like Kobe or KD, eh, that just isn't who those guys were.