Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm just referencing the League Sources which said he wasn't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2629193&mesg_id=2644023
2644023, I'm just referencing the League Sources which said he wasn't
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Feb-19-18 03:18 PM
When the trade first happened - I thought Bron did co-sign the trade - but as it turns out, he wasn't and never wanted the trade - and wanted Kyrie to report to camp. When Griffin was in Cleveland, Bron was looped into all discussions/trades/acquisitions - but after Griffin left - a more significant rift was created between Bron and Gilbert - and it was reported (by credible sources) that Bron was not consulted nor allowed to give input into the Kyrie trade (which was a horrible trade).

If you think about it - Bron is a brilliant basketball mind - why would he approve of that move? The only way Bron wanted to see Kyrie moved is if it was for PG & EB.

>but, what he did was foul and bron fans been tryna absolve him
>of this mess from jump and tryna make kyrie look like the bad
>guy. kyrie has only offered "i don't need to say anything else
>because i know what happened." and his actions have backed
>that up. cavs and bron been spinning the story for 6 months.
>insanity.

I've said multiple times on this board that Bron should've handled last year differently. I thought his body language was bad and thought his leadership was not up to his usual standard. I also think he should've handled the Kyrie situation better - but that doesn't mean he deserves all the blame for Kyrie leaving - he doesn't. Reports also have come out that Kyrie didn't leave because of Bron - but because of the Cavs management/leadership and how they handled the off-season with respect to him being shopped.

But ultimately - Kyrie left for his own reasons - and I'm sure he had good reasons to leave. All I'm saying is - he also had good reasons to stay and think he should have - but I'm biased because I loved watching them play.

I actually think both of them are in good situations for themselves personally at this particular point - but they would've been in *better* positions together, because the trajectory was perfect. Bron would've had to taper down in 2-3 years and Kyrie would've had to take the reigns. But that's not how it happened.

I think both Bron and Kyrie handled it poorly. They should've sat down and at least tried to resolve it - but they didn't. All that being said - they still respect each other *a lot* and see themselves as brothers (brothers who had a very real disagreement) - but brothers nonetheless.

When it's all said and done - both of them will be lionized for what they did in the 2016 Finals - and it will be the most significant/golden moments of both of their careers - and they'll forever be bound by that.

-->