Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: 1. Love not worth trading.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2629193&mesg_id=2643705
2643705, RE: 1. Love not worth trading.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Feb-15-18 09:21 AM
>2. LeBron WAS consulted on that PG/EB deal, as he is
>consulted on EVERY move. He might not APPROVE, but he is
>consulted.

Yes - he wanted that trade. I'm referring to the Kyrie/IT trade. Bron didn't want that and wasn't consulted or looped into that decision. It's one of the reasons Bron and Gilbert have had such an icy relationship this year. They didn't consult Bron again until this recent blockbuster trade.

>3. Adversity? LMAO! Your guy flinches at the sight of that,
>Dogg. Not mine. Seems like y’all switching the story up
>constantly. Wouldn’t it have been “safer” to just stay
>close to LeBron.

Now you're talking crazy. Kyrie ain't ever been through the kind of adversity Bron's been through. Try being a villain in Miami for an entire season and having everyone say you're not a winner - can't win a title etc... with the weight of the basketball world on your shoulders. Kyrie ain't ever been through that and never will go through the type of adversity Bron's been through. Bron plays huge in big moments and it's expected. During the '16 title run it was Bron who played consistently great *every* game. In the '17 finals it was Bron who had an all-time great Finals performance with the pressure on - not Kyrie.

And it's not about what's "safe" - it's simply stating a fact that Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland. He wanted no more part of being a Cav and I don't really blame him - it's an inept organization that is only relevant for one reason: LeBron James

Of course. But 25 and fearless don’t need
>to do that when nigga wraps his arm around you after defeat
>and says “we’ll be back” but tries to move you for two
>inferior players weeks later.

I think anyone in their right mind would explore a trade that would move Kyrie for Paul George *and* EB. That's not a knock on Kyrie at all - it's just about what can get past this GSW team.

Look - I wish Kyrie and Kang were still a tandem because I loved watching them play - but Kyrie's ego wouldn't allow him to be explored on the trading block - but he clearly had big issues w/ Bron. All jokey joke with the Warriors trying to clown Bron after the Finals - that ridiculous First Take performance where he clearly harbored resentment for Bron - meanwhile Bron has never had a bad thing to say about Kyrie and clearly respects him.

It's just basketball - but Kyrie wants to be Mamba when he should be Kyrie. He's great - but he will regret leaving Cleveland like he did when it's all said and done. All he had to do was go at it another year and then explore free agency. They had a chance to win another ring - but hey - we'll always have '16.

-->