Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLook: I'm a Kyrie fan.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2628854&mesg_id=2629186
2629186, Look: I'm a Kyrie fan.
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Nov-06-17 09:21 PM
I hate that Kyrie - and as you know - I still maintain that kyrie is the greatest teammate Bron ever had (and likely will ever have) in terms of how he complemented Bron. Having said all that - Kyrie didn't have a great Finals overall and Bron was frustrated after he performed in historic fashion but Love was trash and Kyrie was good (but not great) - and he had to be great in order for CLE to have a chance against GS.

Now, I do think Bron deserves some blame because his body language was just BIG MAD at a lot of times last year and it wasn't ideal for team cohesion. Ultimately I think a mistake was made in undervaluing Kyrie - so i agree with that. But let's also be very clear: Kyrie will never play with a guy of Bron's caliber ever again - and he also needed to appreciate that and I think he ultimately undervalued playing w/ Bron. He should've played one more year and then bounced - but clearly he was in the Feels after hearing he was being marketed - and I get that.

I'm just mad they didn't have more go-round at it together. They were a beautiful tandem to watch.

-->