Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthow many times are players explored on the trading block tho?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2628854&mesg_id=2628930
2628930, how many times are players explored on the trading block tho?
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Nov-05-17 08:14 PM
Love was on the market every other week last year. I don't think Kyrie should've been on the market at all personally - but it is a part of a GM's due diligence to explore what kind of value they can get for talent, no?

Now - if it's true that Bron was pushing for a Kyrie trade (which I still haven't seen evidence of) - then I get why Kyrie wanted out - especially knowing that Bron's loyalty was unclear as to whether he would stay (probably is out after this season). I'm not mad at all at what Kyrie did - i like the move for him in the long-term (and looks good even in the short-term right now) - but you have to keep in mind that the only reason he's in Boston is because Cleveland traded him there. They actually put him in a great situation and complied w/ his request to be traded -- but didn't just trade him anywhere - put him in a good situation - so to me I would think he would have a bit more regard for his time spent there - especially during the last 3 years because as I've maintained - he and Bron will both *never* be a part of a team/title as special as their '16 run. That was the most historic title in League History, period.

-->