Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI gotta say more about Rose Namajunas
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2628513&mesg_id=2628813
2628813, I gotta say more about Rose Namajunas
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Nov-05-17 01:36 PM
Joanna was yelling all in her face at the weigh-in as Rose stared unemotionally back at her, mouthing something inaudible. I even thought she looked a little timid and frightened. When Joe Rogan asked her what she was saying, she said she was reciting the Lord's Prayer. Joe looked like he had NO idea what to say to that, lmao. When he asked her what the fight meant to her, she said it meant "standing up for myself and what I believe in." Perhaps my favorite part of the event was Rose's comments in the post-fight interview. She began by saying that she wants to use her gift of martial arts to make the world a better place with all of the crazy stuff going on in the world and the media. She said to her fans "This belt don't mean nothin'. Be a good person. Let's just give each other hugs and be nice, man. I know we fight, but afterwards, it's nothing." She didn't talk any trash before or after the fight, and she didn't disrespect her opponent. She never played cartoon tough... she never played tough at all. She just displayed something beyond class the whole time. This woman is an INSPIRATION and my new favorite person in fighting... KO'd a KO artist and said "let's just give each other hugs and be nice." When was the last time you saw that?
This has been Boogie Stimuli reporting, and I fux with Thug Rose... HEAVYYYYYY.