Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe's taking 3/4ths of his shots inside of 10 feet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2627248&mesg_id=2628126
2628126, He's taking 3/4ths of his shots inside of 10 feet.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Oct-31-17 11:42 AM
If you're a Sixers fan and you see nearly 20 points a game from him, it's a very good sign, because (a) he's finding success at the rim (where he was one of the best in college the last several years) and (b) he's choosing to go inside rather than settling for jump shots. He keeps going in, he'll be hard to contain. He's just too fast for a guy his size and too big for a guy his speed.

I still don't buy the arguments of "once he gets a jumper, it's on!" because the overwhelming majority of players who were bad jump shooters in college remain bad jump shooters in the NBA. The Kawhi Leonards of the world are the exception, not the rule.

People should instead focus on the fact that he'll be an All-Star even without a jumper. Which is true. If I were Simmons, I'd be far more focused on getting my FT% above 70% than I'd be on getting an outside jumper. He should routinely draw 8-10 FT attempts per game for his career.