Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't think it was forced or for the cameras at all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2626346&mesg_id=2626562
2626562, I don't think it was forced or for the cameras at all.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Oct-19-17 09:21 AM
it wasn't the warmest of daps - but it was genuinely respectful.

Think about this: Kyrie was traded to Cleveland's long-time rival within the same conference. To trade Kyrie to Boston meant Bron had to cosign the trade to *Boston* - a team Bron has the most history with as a rival than any other team in the league. To me this means that Bron was in full support of Kyrie's desire to control his destiny (just as Bron did) - even if it meant him going to his arch rival in the East. I think there is some beef simmering for sure in the vein of competitiveness - but I also think deep down both guys will always respect their 3 years together -- and when it's all said and done - that Cleveland run to a championship to overthrow GS in historic fashion will be the highest moment of their careers - and they shared it together. Their beef will subside and respect will predominate their relationship at the end of the day.

That said - I do think Kyrie will regret leaving so soon. He should have waited another year or two. There was no need for him to rush out like he did.

-->