Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Everyone has Bron going to the Lakers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2623790&mesg_id=2623920
2623920, RE: Everyone has Bron going to the Lakers
Posted by hip bopper, Wed Sep-27-17 05:15 AM
>Now the Lakers have no shot but bring in Paul George, resign
>their useful younger role players, and another piece or two
>and you have a team.
>

If I’m not mistaken the Lakers can’t sign George next year because of tampering. Now if Westbrook goes there then maybe, but I see OKC staying in tact after this season. This makes the Lakers an unattractive spot for Bron going forward. The Clippers have nothing to offer either

>Objectively speaking it makes no sense for Bron to leave to go
>to west because of competition but everyone said Bron wouldn't
>leave and he did.
>
>Evidence thus far:
>
>Bron called LA home on twitter
>Dan Gilbert is a Trump supporter
>LA is better to build his brand
>Bron hates Trump
>DG fired Griff
>DG signed off on trading Ky instead of keeping him

Yes but we are talking about a LeBron with probably only 5 years left in the league. None of the later statements give credence to Bron leaving Cleveland. Obviously letting go of Griffin was the best thing for Cleveland. Koby has done more in a few months than Griffin did in 7 years. I cringe at the though of what Griffin would’ve gotten back for Kyrie. At the end of the day they had to trade him. I came to the conclusion that they had to move him after the finals were over last year. He was the only player that could bring you the most value back. Love didn’t have that much value on the market so Kyrie was the only option to help bring in the pieces that they needed.

>
>As a Cavs fan I just want the team to make the playoffs and
>everything after that is just extra barbecue sauce on my ribs.
>Celts aren't deep enough now but they have enough pieces to
>pick up whatever they need during the season.
>

The Celts don’t have anyone to trade to bring anyone in this season. With their lack of depth they have to keep everyone this season. Luckily for them they have a ton of 1st round picks going forward.

>Look at the injury history of the Cavs roster. Odds are Wade
>misses significant time. Love is due for an injury or two.
>DRose plays a max of 62 games. IT isn't cleared until January.
>Calderon is a cap space eater. Bron is past Kobe's pace at the
>same point in history of their respective careers. In other
>words, the Cavs are far from a lock to make the finals. We
>damn sure aren't getting the first seed.

To each their own, but with how deep the Cavs are there is no other team in the east to match them. As long as Rose holds up until IT get back then Cleveland will be fine. Wade can split minutes with JR so that Wade doesn’t have to burn himself out as well as take a few games off during the season. Cleveland is the team that can actually improve because they still have a couple of players they could move plus they could throw in their 1st round pick to ensure that they get another elite type player.