Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI only caught the 2nd half
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2622580&mesg_id=2631370
2631370, I only caught the 2nd half
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Nov-22-17 11:52 AM
Seemed like a back and forth game. Some pretty good drives by Kirk. Great TD pass to Thompson on a wheel route (who later broke his leg and I assume is out for the year). Defense keep Brees & Co from going too wild.

Driving with less than 8 mins left I figure a FG will ice the game. Instead Kirk has a great TD pass to put them up 15 with about 5 minutes left.

Breezy marches down the field for 7. WFC gets it back. A first down or two ices the game. 3rd and 1 and Perine is stopped short.

Brees goes down and gets another TD in about a minute, leaving a minute on the clock. Converted 2 pt conv means tie game.

WFC gets the ball and immediately marches downfield. Around the 35 yd line, Kirk snaps it and immediately throws it to an empty spot near the sideline. Intentional grounding. Lose yards, lose down, 10s runoff. Sacked on the next play. OT. Offense does nothing, two long runs by Ingram, FG game over.

Apparently on the intentional grounding that lost the game, the coaches signaled for a bubble screen, Kirk thought he was supposed to throw it away, and the WR didn't know any of this and was still blocking.

Shit show all around.