Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpossibly but the proof will show in the rematch if you're right
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2622498&mesg_id=2623065
2623065, possibly but the proof will show in the rematch if you're right
Posted by PG, Mon Sep-18-17 12:52 PM
kinda funny that folks expected it to go to Canelo if it went the distance (not saying I didn't) considering his known stamina issues.. Canelo did do better in the middle of the ring than he did on the ropes but I don't think he was able to comfortably hang there I think Gennady's power was felt by him and he wanted to avoid it and not draw out long exchanges where he could get caught as he ran out of stamina.. Gennady cut the ring off on him really nicely.. that's the main reason he spent the whole time on the ropes and in the corners, because every time he tried to move after an exchange to recoup stamina and avoid damage Gennady kept the pressure on him... Canelo's head movement impressed though I remember early on in his career thinking he was stiff and he has come miles from those days... I would have liked to see more body work form both fighters.. I remember after the first 3 thinking that Canelo's work to the body was looking like it would carry the fight.

I still have to watch it again so this is still my 1st impression.