Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: you are 100% wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2621017&mesg_id=2621185
2621185, RE: you are 100% wrong
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Aug-25-17 04:40 PM
>plenty of football players aren't liked in the locker room.

Quarterbacks???

Which ones?

How many QBs took their teammates girls, causing a conflict that put their teammate in more legal peril than they already were?

please provide me with other examples of this...

I'll give you a close example..

Cade McNown...... He and Tim Couch weren't teammates ..but they were friends, and Cade ended up taking Couch's playmate of the year girlfriend from his friend...

it tainted other players perception of McNown for the rest of his brief career...

>
>Do you really think Kaep is refusing to work out for teams? We
>are at a point where teams want know part of him for obvious
>reasons.

other players protested....other players are protesting now.... How many of them are getting cut, or having ANY consequences from their teams

>
>Folks act like Kaep killed some dogs or murdered someone.
>
>Dude took a freaking knee during the anthem and wore some
>tshirts.
>
>...and there are QB's who been sitting at home CHILLIN' who
>got calls before Kaep.

and assuming it's ONLY because of the protest while ignoring all the other factors that had Kap being looked at sideways BEFORE the protest is just missing the point

>
>The real problem is folks are putting all their political hate
>on Kaep cause Fox News and them made it sound like it was
>treason. I also blame ESPN and them for showing every national
>anthem every week like it was a big deal. They rarely showed
>it unless it was the SB but after Kaep they were breaking into
>games just to show him on one knee.

but see here is the problem with that narrative.... I admired Kap for the protest...he made a statement knowing there would be consequences and he did it anyway...I'll ways respect that.. I wouldn't in any way be considered even slightly leaning to the right.... I've seen racism up close my entire life...my father's real estate business was fire bombed 3 different times in the early 70's in Long Beach California.... my opinion on Kap isn't rooted in anything you just mentioned..

dude's ability as a QB was questioned BEFORE the protest..
his issues with Aldon Smith happened BEFORE the protest...
his work ethic and selfishness was questioned BEFORE the protest....

people are ignoring all of that and hanging it all on the protest even though HE opted out of a contract for this season.

>
>I'm in Charlotte and Derek Anderson looked like pure trash
>this preseason. As soon as the host of a radio said Kaep needs
>a shot the phones lit up. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm sure there are places where it wouldn't be a good fit..I mean...there were protests in Philly and Pittsburgh over signing Vick...but the teams felt it was worth the risk..

again with the Panthers.... my impression is that since Kap opted out of his deal he's looking to get paid and go somewhere with a chance to start....Carolina isn't that place..

being a back up QB for a team with an already established QB isn't about just being a good QB...there is a support role that a back up in that situation must play..and a guy like Kap would need to prove he is willing to do that...and I'm not sure he has..

honestly the best fit was Baltimore...or now maybe Jacksoville....

>but look around the league, dudes are kneeling, white dudes
>are getting in on it and it's not going to be that big of a
>deal this year. Kaep taking all the heat tho.
>

as long as you keep ignore the other issues with Kap outside of the protest, to me it's giving a false impression..and the fact that these other guys protesting aren't suffering any consequence actually proves that.