Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSee this is why me and you specifically argue on occasion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2619892&mesg_id=2620127
2620127, See this is why me and you specifically argue on occasion
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Aug-14-17 08:42 AM
You won't be reasonable even when talking to someone reasonable. You put one face on everybody. I'm "OKP Sports dude #724" and you lump us all into one collective person/mind state.

Let's kill fallacies and strawmen:

-Kyrie>>>>Kemba - whole point was, if a lesser player, in yr 3, with a roster comparable to the Cavs, could get his team to the playoffs, it was 'reasonable'...key word here...to expect Kyrie to do the same in year 3 with the roster that was in front of him.

-Expectation = for the purpose of this convo, something his team could and should have done given the knowledge of the situation (roster, coach, health, mix of vets+high draft picks, etc) at that point in time.

-The argument we are having, which you initiated, is that it was unreasonable to expect Kyrie to lead the Cavs to the playoffs in his 3rd year given the roster.

^^^Given all of those, you're dead ass wrong. When the season started it was VERY reasonable to expect the Cavs to finish better than the damn bobcats. And the bobcats made the playoffs. Hawks only ended up the 8th seed because Horford got hurt, otherwise they probably finish higher. My point in bringing up the hawks was the win total (38) was reasonable for the Cavs to attain to get to the playoffs. My point in bringing up the Bobcats was to counter your "hawks roster" argument by saying the Bobcats roster was very comparable to the Cavs.

Now, that's all I said - he could and should have lead that team to the playoffs. In hindsight, I can say...well given what happened (Bynum's knees, Deng not assimilating and getting hurt, rift with Dion and the "buddy ball" statement, Bennett being a bust, etc) I can see why they fell short. But you act like it's sin to have had an expectation of a dude with tons of talent helping a roster that looked good on paper make the playoffs. C'mon man.

Alladis is just angry "Duke, Me and K against the world" Fodder:

>you actually hinged your argument some punk ass sideways kemba
>better than kyrie theory. nigga, step the fuck up and just say
>you think kemba was the difference between the teams. just say
>kemba better and don't hide behind the ambiguity of team
>record, which is a volatile mixed bag of talent, coaching,
>HEALTH and team chemistry. the bobcats were better than the
>the hawks that year. you remember the hawks, right? they were
>the first team you trotted out to make your trash ass
>argument. they were clearly better than the cavs and barely
>made it to the 8th spot themselves. so what was the point of
>the fucking bobcats?