Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHere's my thing:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2617836&mesg_id=2618129
2618129, Here's my thing:
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Jul-21-17 08:05 AM
Two or three days max after losing in the Finals, the story leaked that he wanted to go to Los Angeles in 2018. This is before even Gilbert didn't bring back Griffin. And if the talk was bullshit, he certainly didn't do that much to dispel the rumor.

Then there's the talk that LeBron wasn't very active in "recruiting" free agents to join the team. Now, I've always found the insistence that players help recruit free agents when they're otherwise on vacation a little dumb, but if he really believes the team had to make moves this off-season to be competitive next year, then he really should have hit the phones and worked his connections.

Yes, Gilbert low-balling Griffin was dumb and probably pissed 'Bron off. But if he's committed to make sure the Cavs get a shot at another 'chip, he needs to move past that.

And honestly, he needs to recognize that the lack of acquisitions/trades by the Cavs this off-season is related to the moves that he encouraged the team to make before. They're capped out in part because they gave Tristan Thompson $92 million. They couldn't trade for Butler in part because teams aren't interested in Love, Smith, or Shumpert at their current pay rates. The salary cap may be a bitch, but it's a real obstacle.