Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyou're contradicting yourself
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2617515&mesg_id=2617587
2617587, you're contradicting yourself
Posted by jrocc, Thu Jul-13-17 07:33 PM
Floyd and a very small handful of boxing stars (like literally 2, maybe 3) are the only ones making any real money. if they can't draw big PPV numbers, they not making a ton of money. Floyd PPV numbers are even declining and he far and away outpaces the rest of boxing. no one barely knows (or cares) who's on the undercard of most boxing matches. UFC stars getting big is how the rest of the fighters get paid more and more as time goes on. UFC undercards are usually stacked with good fights even down into the prelims. people aren't tuning in just to watch the main event, they're watching the whole show. if Dana gave every fighter big money out the gate, they'd have gone under long ago. that's just the truth. MMA as it is today is still relatively young. a baby compared to how long boxing has been around. at the rate it's going MMA fighters will be getting paid just fine.

as far as UFC not showcasing talent and skill, i'm not sure what to say to that. give me more details as to what you mean by that, cuz i'm not understanding. what is it that you'd like to see more of?