Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWarriors off-season post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2613373&mesg_id=2613373
2613373, Warriors off-season post
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jun-13-17 02:10 PM
Still buzzing off the win.

Still hyped to go to the parade.

But even now, I'm thinking about the future.

Okay, so the only players technically under contract next season are: Draymond, Klay, McCaw, Looney, and Jones. Durant is technically signed for another season, but he has a player option that everyone knows he's going to exercise.

First is Steph and KD (when he opts out). Steph is a no-brainer, and he likely gets the $40 million supermax because having him on a discount was the biggest factor to get the rest of the team in place.

KD is next. He's about a lock to stay too; he's not going to play for three teams in three years. He can sign for $30 million, but there have been rumblings for a while now that he's willing to take less so that they have the space to sign Iggy and maybe Livingston.

Then, Iggy. Balled out during the second half of the season, particularly when KD went down. I gotta imagine they find a way to sign him. He went to the Hampton's to help recruit KD. They had to discuss the idea of the core sticking around after this season. Plus, he's got serious money ties to Silicon Valley. I'd say 75% chance he stays.

Next, Livingston. He played pretty great the second half of the season and in the 'offs, when healthy. I've thought for years he was going to leave when he got his chance. He's never had his huge contract, and he's never going to have a better chance to get it than this off-season. There's a chance that teams will decide that he hasn't really been healthy lately, and that might limit the money, but I figure some team that could use him as a starter signs him.

Next, ZaZa. Pretty solid season. Sorta off and on in the play-offs (played big at the beginning of yesterday's game). But no way he takes another huge pay-cut when teams are paying big for height. Vaya con dios.

Next, Javale. This was his redemption year. The Warriors were about the perfect environment for him, as they knew when and for how long to use him. But he's 7'1" and has a lot of bounce so someone will offer him a lot of money. Can't fault him if he takes it. Vaya con dios.

Next, Ian Clark. Had a damn good and good play-offs. Came into his own as an overall player. Some team will give him Kent Bazemore money. Probably better. Vaya con dios.

Then, McAdoo. Barely plays, but this org is all he's known. Like the guy well enough. And him getting a dunk always signifies a blow-out.

David West likely retires. Matt Barnes likely retires. Happy both got rings. Hopefully West sticks around in the organization. Dude would make a great assistant coach (especially if Collins goes to another team).

So, we'll likely have the Line-Up of Death/Hampton Five, McCaw, Looney and Jones for sure.

We're likely going to have to rebuild our big-man rotation AGAIN, but I think free agents are going to keep on taking discount to come and play here. I wouldn't mind re-signing Speights or signing Zack Randolph or someone like that.

Now, to bask in more happiness.