Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyeah a lot of these are personal preferences or interesting fits
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2610912&mesg_id=2610996
2610996, yeah a lot of these are personal preferences or interesting fits
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-04-17 04:03 PM
it occurs to me i don't have a player from venezuela there, which is crazy. i had king felix at the pitcher slot and then decided to free up a position to fill with a venezuelan but i never got around to it. ah well. i guess i could DH morneau or walker and use miggy at first.

it gets kind of tough as there are only maybe 13/14 countries, some of which have not produced that many players, for 10-12 positions, depending how thoroughly you fill out the team. i am hoping the next generation of colombian players helps round that out and that in another generation after that there will be a lot of brazilians. so much sporting culture and athletic potential in brazil that remains largely untapped outside of soccer and martial arts. colombia is another weird one, it's not really a whole country producing players as much as it is a region. during baseball season you would be hard-pressed to find a non-playoff game on TV in most of the country, but in the caribbean you can see three to five regular-season games a day. they have some facilities in the big cities in the interior but i am not sure why. never once have i seen anything happening at the baseball or softball complexes in medellin, cali, bogota, etc. it's very much a regional thing, even their league is clustered in one stretch of the northern coast.