Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyeah, it's kinda unfair, imo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2610132&mesg_id=2615064
2615064, yeah, it's kinda unfair, imo
Posted by thejerseytornado, Thu Jun-22-17 01:54 PM
Cesc = previous board.

Thiago = weird drama while in the first team.

Bellerin = england can sign pro contracts at 16

Fontas? wasn't gonna be A team material. Same with Gomez.

there's something there, but it has more to do with a stall between the B team and Barca which as a lot to do with the extreme expectations and unwillingness to experience growing pains as a team.

take a look at the examples of players who deserved A team minutes: Grimaldo (agreed, but that was personal between Lucho and him), Samper (nah, sorry. He's not ready. Hoping he will be next season, but he wasn't this past season), and Palencia (not yet. Again, maybe this upcoming season. maybe).

The gnashing of teeth over Mboula is comically frustrating. WHEN WAS HE GOING TO SEE BARCA MINUTES? YOU'RE GONNA SIT NEYMAR OR MESSI FOR...MBOULA? CMON. WHY THE FUCK WOULD A REASONABLE COACH TELL HIM TO STAY IF MONACO'S OFFERING HIM REGULAR MINUTES? They should tell him to go.

it's more complicated than "we've screwed our academy." I do think the board should make some moves to make clear that narrative is wrong, but I'm not convinced that narrative is right.

Alena and Palencia don't have contracts, I believe, in part because the board wants to know if B is playing in Adelante or not before writing those contracts. Palencia's come out and said that. Alena got first team minutes last season. He's not going elsewhere.

-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia