Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis was interesting to me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2606260&mesg_id=2606529
2606529, This was interesting to me.
Posted by SoulHonky, Sat Apr-29-17 02:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents19258322/the-la-clippers-last-stand

They call it "the dynamic." Players. Coaches. People inside the organization. The schadenfreude brigade around the NBA. Though it has no fixed definition, its meaning is easily inferred: the interpersonal relationships that inform the Clippers' mood. Many critics, whether in close proximity or from a distance, cite the dynamic as a primary ingredient in the team's frustrations. If only the Clippers got along better, postseason success wouldn't be so difficult to attain. The personalities don't mesh. They bring out the worst in each other.
---

"One recent veteran teammate calls the Clippers the most complicated team he's ever been on. There's a common level of intensity among the actors, even if it manifests itself in vastly different ways. Paul's bossiness. Griffin's temperament. Jordan's immaturity."

---
Paul demands from his teammates a conformity and insists they absorb criticism at any moment, according to several teammates. Blow a coverage, you're going to hear about it, even after you've offered a "my bad" and even if the replay shows something to the contrary.

"He just can't be wrong," says a member of the Clippers. "But if I had to go to war, I'm going with Chris every day. I just wish he was wrong more. I wish he would say, 'My fault.'"

---
A former teammate affectionately characterized Paul as the friend in the back seat of the car on a night out who just doesn't know when to stop barking out plans -- smart, responsible, the guy you need running point, but lacking the self-awareness to know that this would all be a lot more fun for everyone if he'd table every third decree. Yet without him, you'd spend the night driving in circles.

"With Chris, everything is organized, then we're out there," says Griffin. "There's direction and a plan. It just makes sense. And you know how it does and why it does."