Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBig3 3-on-3 B-Ball League coming to FOX/FS1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2600942
2600942, Big3 3-on-3 B-Ball League coming to FOX/FS1
Posted by Ausar72, Wed Mar-22-17 02:38 PM
This idea is DOPE!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3_c_wxojQ

A lot of retired (early) NBA Players players who can still ball. The format is half-court format saves on wear and tear.

They have players like Iverson, Billups and a few others.

This league seems like a great idea. Ice Cube is behind it Definately gonna peep. Starts on June 26.

League info...
http://big3.com/

my thoughts,

peace.
2617428, Anyone watching or following at all?
Posted by phenompyrus, Wed Jul-12-17 08:30 AM
I watched the first week and was intrigued, LOVE the idea.

So far, a lot of the stars that were hyped have not been used to the full extent as believed (especially AI).

I was entertained, but I wonder if the league has been doing well through 3 weeks in the eyes of the fans?
2617445, Hell yeah!
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Jul-12-17 11:17 AM
Trilogy undefeated!
2617599, Haha, Trilogy is the team I've been following too...
Posted by phenompyrus, Fri Jul-14-17 07:03 AM
That's K-Mart man, AND his team is the undercover one in the league that could take this away in the inaugural season, w/o one of the HoF coaches.
2617435, The Marine would wreck these fools
Posted by weaponry, Wed Jul-12-17 09:18 AM
it's been a disappointment to me, personally. Loved the idea but in reality...meh.
2617444, Word?
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Jul-12-17 11:16 AM
I find it fun, competitive and thoroughly enjoyable. It's fun as hell! And its good, physical basketball. I hope it sticks around a long time. Eff nostalgia, it's good ball.
2617612, aside from quality of play...
Posted by weaponry, Fri Jul-14-17 10:26 AM
now that I think about it, there's something about the viewing experience that is not up to par for me.

the production is lacking. maybe, i'm spoiled.
2618082, I see nothing wrong with the quality of play
Posted by ThaAnthology, Thu Jul-20-17 12:37 PM
It is a fun League. We've been tuning in every Monday. We dig it.
2617579, The Marine! What an iconic thread.
Posted by The Real, Thu Jul-13-17 03:52 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2618144, Watched some yesterday....
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Jul-21-17 10:37 AM
It was fine, moderately entertaining once you get past the novelty. Half court is great because it helps keep the pace up without wearing down the players too much.

I really hope this league sticks though, as it fills an interesting niche between college and pros. It gives another avenue for almost-good-enough college players and not-quite-washed-up former pros to go to instead of Asia or Europe. Give the season a couple more years to attract more players and this thing could really thrive.

The fact that 3v3 is now an Olympic sport should help matters too.