Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBruce completely shit the bed v. Costa Rica + T+T, no doubt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2592724&mesg_id=2625476
2625476, Bruce completely shit the bed v. Costa Rica + T+T, no doubt
Posted by celery77, Wed Oct-11-17 09:04 AM
the Trinidad + Tobago one was sooo egregious. they're playing on a swampy high school field and he trouts out a wide diamond with possession oriented players across the field? if ever there was a game screaming out for a more conservative 4-2-3-1 (Bradley was on a lonely, swampy island just leaving oceans of space in front of two slow central CBs) where the plan was to get forward, knock it down, then pump it into the box this was it. why the fuck couldn't we use an aerial advantage on set pieces? that was always one of our strengths.

same story against Costa Rica -- waaaaay over-stretched with no effective midfield links against a team you knew was going to bunker and run. so, so dumb.

talking with friends last night I have no clue who the next guy is -- if you look domestically, the least tarnished resume is probably Greg Vanney right now, but I am in no way, shape, or form ready for a coach that green. and if I hear anyone link Caleb Porter to that job, I swear I might hit them.