Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject... are you trying to convince me this is a good deal?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2588050&mesg_id=2589279
2589279, ... are you trying to convince me this is a good deal?
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jan-13-17 03:16 PM
Last five, Monroe has done more points than Jabari. On fewer minutes played.

Parker and Speights, last five: 64.2 points in 51.8 minutes. 1.24 FPPM average.
Monroe and... let's say Covington, for giggles, last five: 81.9 points in 62.6 minutes. 1.31 FPPM average.

That's using *literally* my worst player as the other forward.

If we used their season total numbers instead of their most recent numbers, the minutes are comparable, and your guys combined average .02 FPPM more than my guys. BUT THAT'S USING THE PLAYER ON MY ROSTER YOU SAID IS UNROSTERABLE, lol.

So holding pat until Nance returns-- who combines with Monroe to average .13 FPPM more than your offer-- makes soooo much more sense. As you know.

It also ignores that Monroe or someone else on the Bucks could be traded and would elevate Monroe's minutes. Which was a big reason I took Monroe in the first place. As you know.

It'd also leave me needing another C, as Drummond does the occasional 25 MPG night, and Speights would leave minutes on the table for me if those games lined up. As you know.

Jabari is a good piece and is having a good season. But I wouldn't deal a guy who's done a steady 1.5 whose minutes are on the rise for a solid 1.1ish piece and a low minute, high FPPM guy. I'd have to be really, really desperate for minutes to make that deal.