Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: It wasn't just any given Thursday tho. It was the finals.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2587523&mesg_id=2588880
2588880, RE: It wasn't just any given Thursday tho. It was the finals.
Posted by murph71, Wed Jan-11-17 03:56 PM

It's the Scottie Pippen Cross....Pip won CHAMPIONSHIPS (plural) with arguably the greatest player of all time. He came up big in spots....And he often times guarded the other team's best player giving Jordan the chance to KILL SHIT....He was a multiple all-star and viewed as the best defensive forward in the game....His passing was praised...

And still....PEOPLE DIDN'T THINK PIPPEN WAS A TOP 10 PLAYER MOST OF THE TIME....It took Pip leading his own team to the playoffs and nearly getting to the Finals for people to finally say, HE IS AMONG THE BEST....That's when u heard people saying that he was a SUPERSTAR....

Kyrie, at the moment has a ring. And he has a ring playing next to the greatest player of all time....And KYRIE SHOWED AND PROVED WHEN IT COUNTED...

To tell u the truth, I'm more impressed with THIS SEASON'S Kyrie than previous years. He's making an effort to pass the ball more...and he's even improved his defense which was a joke at one point...

All this to say, Kyrie = Pip in terms of how he is viewed when judged against his elite peers. He's clutch....He has ice water...But he's still playing with the best player of the last 9 years and viewed as a side-kick who also happens to be an exceptional one-on-one player and 3 point shooter....And yet most people would say that Pip was/is a better "Robin"...

Ky is at the perfect place for his talents....He's def. good enough to have his "Pip" moment...It's going to be interesting to see how his career finishes out when he has his own team to lead. I for one wouldn't bet against him...Ky has shut me up enough times....