Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject*sigh*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2585849&mesg_id=2622476
2622476, *sigh*
Posted by roamr1, Mon Sep-11-17 12:45 PM
can we make this the offseason for 2018 thread? lol.

i kid...partially. i'll be honest, i naively fell to a lot of the high praise for the team in the offseason. this game brought be down to earth. i think at the end of the year, we'll look back and see a lot of improvement but this was definitely an eye opener as to how much work we need on our offense.

-hyde looked better than any point in the preseason. at one point, you could tell they REALLY wanted to reward him w/ a td, going to him 3x straight in the red zone. had they not been down by so much at the end, i think his numbers would have told a better story.
-hoyer is what we thought he was. he'll have these games and he'll have some solid ones. there's a reason why he's been given a chance by so many teams but also been cut by just as many.
-jeez foster looked good for the short time he was there didn't he? i have a feeling we'll have to get used to a lot of highs and lows w/ this guy but i sure hope he stays healthy.
-i have to applaud shanahan for going on 4th and 1 4 times. he admitted he wanted to give the crowd something to cheer for...shit, coach gives you a chance, at a certain point, it's up to the players to deliver.
-watching the empty stadium is so pathetic. i was a season ticket holder in the nolan/singletary era and it was never that empty...not even in our 2 win season.