Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject1. Charlotte, 2. Jericho, 3. Miz, 4. AJ. The rest is whatever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2577116&mesg_id=2581105
2581105, 1. Charlotte, 2. Jericho, 3. Miz, 4. AJ. The rest is whatever
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Dec-07-16 04:47 PM
Everything else is a mixed bag.

I've called Charlotte the best performer they have since May and there's no reason to stop now. Charlotte is hands down been the best thing on WWE television with incredible consistency, and this is in spite of a tired ass story.

Miz and Jericho both came through and crushed the buildings, respectively providing consistently high level character work that pales everyone but Charlotte.

Jericho created yet another memorable heel character that I think elevated his legacy. He's the HBK of character work. Seriously, he has no peers anymore and the best you can find on this front is a debate. I firmly believe he's put himself into a higher spot in the pantheon with this current gimmick because it's just the latest and greatest in a long line of stellar runs from him.

Miz won’t fucking die. That man has nine lives. I really think if he’d be elevated higher in the company if he looked different. No disrespect but the frog eyes and, uh, ‘butt cut’ hairdo aren’t main event. Neither is stealing his boring ass finisher from Double J….
But damn if he can’t spit flames on that mic and dress someone down in a bad way. He’s becoming a legitimately great IC champ and that’s saying something. I’m not ready to talk about him in the same breath as Mr Perfect but he’s at a point where I can see it happening. Maryse has done wonders for his character. He needs a new theme though.

I put Jericho and Miz at 2 and 3 because they took interesting programs in the mid card and elevated them to must-watch segments, no small feat these days.

AJ… honestly I think Elsworth has hurt him and Ambrose. He’s much better on the mic now and his work speaks for itself. I only have him at 4 because there’s nothing truly compelling about him or his feud with Dean. The cup of coffee he had with Cena was nice but I really dislike this Elsworth thing. It’s cool for what it is but it’s not main event. It should have been a three week arc at most to heat things up but here we are.

The rest is too up/down/middling to bother ranking right now but here are some honorable mentions:

-Alexa Bliss has been a revelation. Don’t be shocked if the fans turn her face.

-Cesaro and Shemus turned out to be a good idea despite some missteps and I hope they can execute this all the way through. Cesaro connects so well in tag team situations and the odd couple strategy has done some good for both guys.

-The cruiserweight division is fucking boring. An absolute bore. I can’t wait for Aries to get healthy because I’ll be glued to that shit. I like Rich Swan but hate the dancing shit. He’s got a great voice and I think he’s got money promos in his future. I hope the dancing gimmick is temporary.

-I used to see Seth as an upgraded Edge. Now I see him as a poor man's Edge. He can rival prime HBK in the ring but as a character? Blech.

-KO. I like shit shit with Jericho but wish it had come before he won the title. The best work of their program has occurred since he won and it's to KO's detriment IMO.