Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCFB Saturday 10.22
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2571379&mesg_id=2571379
2571379, CFB Saturday 10.22
Posted by will_5198, Thu Oct-20-16 07:47 PM
Thursday
Virginia Tech 16, Miami-FL 9 (halftime)
- Both these teams were ranked in the top 20 a couple of weeks ago. I'm old, so this game feels like an old Big East weekday night battle. Miami missed another PAT.

(14) Boise State vs. BYU
- Not their best team, but the Mormons are solid this year and have played a hell of a schedule. they lost to Utah, WVU and UCLA by a combined seven points, while beating the ghosts of Michigan State and Mississippi State. Taysom Hill hasn't been as electric as before, but having two bionic legs and being in your eighth year of college will do that to you. if Boise wants to run the table this is one of their stumbling blocks.

Friday
Cal vs. Oregon
- Two middling Pac-12 teams, but Bears trying to beat the Ducks for the first time in eight years. Is Helfrich really going to be done after this year? I know they are trending horribly but they did win 9 games post-Mariota last season. hell, Urban Meyer struggled after Tebow and had to "retire". Oregon has spent money like a blue blood program and considers themselves top tier, but I'm not sure how many elite coaching candidates want to go there. I guess they're waiting on Chip to get fired.

Saturday
(1) Alabama vs. (6) Texas A&M
- Trevor Knight is great in this offense and they have a legit running back (I thought most of Sumlin's guys have been system backs). But Knight still does some dumb shit a couple times a game and bama is feasting off mistakes this year. A&M's defense is going to have issues with Hurts breaking the pocket.

(10) Wisconsin @ Iowa
- I don't think Iowa is good, but going to Kinnick after a couple big game losses (and before Nebraska) could spell letdown.

(17) Arkansas @ (21) Auburn
Tigers are actually double digit favorites in this one, which I'm not sure I buy but they are coming off a bye.

(19) Utah @ UCLA
https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/788213643938717697

(23) Ole Miss @ (25) LSU
Ed Orgeron back to the scene of the crime. See below: