Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlololololololololzzzzzzzzz
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2569558&mesg_id=2571277
2571277, lololololololololzzzzzzzzz
Posted by Cenario, Thu Oct-20-16 11:03 AM
Lol the jury found that thomas created a hostile work environment through sexual harassment....the jury was hung on whether Thomas should personally pay any of the money.

So no, in the best light for isiah he wasn't cleared like Rose was. nice try though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/sports/basketball/03garden-cnd.html

A jury ruled today that Isiah Thomas, the coach of the New York Knicks, sexually harassed a former team executive and that Madison Square Garden, the owner of the team, improperly fired her for complaining about the unwanted advances.

The jury, in Federal District Court in Manhattan, also ruled that the former executive, Anucha Browne Sanders, is entitled to $11.6 million in punitive damages from the Garden and James L. Dolan, the chairman of Cablevision, the parent company of the Garden and the Knicks.

Of that figure, $6 million was awarded because of the hostile work environment Mr. Thomas was found to have created, and $5.6 million because Ms. Browne Sanders was fired for complaining about it. Mr. Dolan’s share is $3 million; the Garden is liable for the rest.

The judge will decide later on compensatory damages, covering actual economic harm suffered by Ms. Browne Sanders, like back pay and benefits.

The jurors were not able to decide whether Ms. Browne Sanders should be paid damages by Mr. Thomas, so on that matter, the judge ruled a mistrial, a partial victory for the coach.

And from Isiah's mouth:
“I want to say it as loud as I possibly can,” Mr. Thomas said. “I am innocent. I’m very innocent. I did not do the things that she accused me in the courtroom of doing.

“I am extremely disappointed that the jury did not see the facts in this case,” he said, patting his chest for emphasis. “I will appeal this.”

Why he talking bout appeal if he was cleared?? bwahahahaaaaha.

Oh and what happened with that appeal? Garden settled for $100,000 less than what the jury awarded. Why because the judge was considering adding MORE damages.