Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Bigger issue is HIAC just isn't that great anymore
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2568275&mesg_id=2573668
2573668, RE: Bigger issue is HIAC just isn't that great anymore
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Oct-31-16 07:57 AM
>In terms of tonight's card I think they had the best match of
>the 3 HIAC matches as well as the best storyline going in so I
>have no problem with the main event as being deserved.
>
>In terms of all time great HIAC matches, no it's not up
>there.
>
>I also don't think you have to have Charlotte get another run,
>but oh well.

Yes. It would've been better if they had the only hiac match on the show.

Practically speaking, the best few hiac matches are impossible to 'top' because no one is going to sign off on any of the falls that made the hiac matches famous. Exception: silly ass Shane...and folks still didn't enjoy that cuz it was the 'waiting for Shane to do something risky' match. He did it then promptly lost.

The ladies were hitting notably hard all match long and the story was laid out well is you like the typical southern rasslin spin on Greek tragedy. Aka it was a classic 'body gave out on the underdog'. That powerbomb through the table at the beginning had a gang of stank on it and I enjoyed the Foley homage. Good main to me. Also, I had more issues with the other two hiac matches easily. Mainly, Roo Roo is booked like a loser ass ho. And Kevin is booked too much like a goober heel champ. I'd prefer him as a opportunistic jerk heel who can occasionally just smooth win a match.