Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwent to WWE Live yesterday and it was awesome
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2560491&mesg_id=2568099
2568099, went to WWE Live yesterday and it was awesome
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Oct-03-16 06:20 PM
got my son tickets for his bday in August. Last night was the night. Small minor league hockey venue, maybe seats 8k max. They only sold tickets to the lower bowl. That was only about 80% full. But man the fans were nuts. Ive been in that arena for playoff hockey and it was never that loud. Dolph Ziggler vs Miz opened up the night. Great match. Miz is really really good at what he does. I think the booing for him was louder than the cheering for Ziggler.

Then we had a Divas 2 on 3 match. Didnt realize how many little girls were in attendance until Nikki Bella's name was announced. Also that match was fucking awful. It was Nikki and the current women's champ something Belcher I think. Versus Jim The Anviel Neidhart's daughter and these 2 blonde chicks. Neidhart and Bella were decent the rest were pretty weak. Unathletic and didnt sell very well. But Nikki Bella is fine as shit. so I didnt mind much.

We had a few mid roster matches. Apollo Crews wrestled some no name. Dude is athletic as shit. But that match was pretty weak. Then that We The People guy. He actually lost to some guy I never heard of. Some good moves but the match was just okay. You could tell the thing holding them back is putting together a solid match. Watching their matches versus top guys there was a big difference. They were just stringing together moves with out building the drama.

Then there was a 4 on 4 tag team. American Alpha and the Hype Bros vs Vaudeville Villains and two other guys I could care less about. One of the cats from Hype Bros was hilariously hype. Fun match.

Then a surprise appearance by Kane. Place went nuts when his theme dropped. His name wasnt mentioned on the web site or anything. Then this guy with the selfie stick was his opponent. This was one of the highlights of the night. Selfie played scared and gets on the mic. Kane we arent going to fight. I just want a selfie. He works the mic for a few minutes and slowly walk up to Kane to take the selfie. He was hilarious. Then as he gets in Kane choke slams him and pins him and walks out. Nice way to work in an appearance with a big name who probably needed a rest. But everyone loved it.

Then a tag team championship match between Heath Slater and Ryno and The Usos. Really good match. Of course the belt wasnt going to change hands on an untelevised match. But entertaining as hell.

Then we had Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton. Bray Wyatt's intro was really fucking cool. Im sure you all know about the cell phone lights in the stands. Everyone was so excited to see him come out. Until Orton's intro played. This was a good match. It was hilarious how fast Bray went from fan favorite to a piece of shit. We got an RKO and everyone was happy about that.

Main Event was a three way match for the belt. AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, and John Cena. REALLY good match. Man the place went fucking nuts on Cena's entrance. Ambrose and Styles were already in the ring and they let everyone just marinate for like 2 minutes to build up. Once those trumpets came in I thought my son was going to pass out. But yeah once again belt aint changing hands on in a dark match. But you know they arent going to let Cena get pinned. So Styles pinned Ambrose.

Great night. Plus we had great seats and the tickets only cost $30 each. We are definitely going to check it out next time they are in town. We had a lot of fun.