Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's not their fault, but it's time to change something
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2560491&mesg_id=2566950
2566950, It's not their fault, but it's time to change something
Posted by Y2Flound, Mon Sep-26-16 12:49 PM
They have had the belt for 400 days and in that time they haven't had one really great feud, they are just constantly up against the team du jour.

It's left them in a spot where nobody has made them look better other than themselves, and not 1 other team has been elevated to their level for more than a month or two.

So now here we are 400 days later and we've seen the group dynamic run its full course and nothing on the tag team horizon changed at all. I'd be way more interested in seeing New Day struggle against someone, lose the belts and have to regroup and chase them down for a while. Or maybe Xavier gets bored just basically managing and being the extra man and does something like go for a title himself.

My issue, is they don't really matter anymore, they are champs of a division that basically doesn't exist. They aren't an important stable like Evolution or even the Shield who held a bunch of titles and made a major impact, they're just 3 goofy dudes with nobody to fight.

This is 98% on the WWE, not on them, but it doesn't make me less bored by it at this point.