Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah. This aint for me anymore. Creative is, has been, and will remain trash
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2560491&mesg_id=2565717
2565717, Yeah. This aint for me anymore. Creative is, has been, and will remain trash
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Sep-19-16 09:09 PM
Very good wrestlers.

Boring creative.

RAW has been about Steph and Mick since the split. KO is champ and that's dope as fuck in a vacuum..... But he's not the story. MickMahon is the story.

Rollins is dope.but he's not the story. MickMahon is the story.

Rusev and Reigns? Good shit....except, you know, MickMahon is the vessel for their story.

I like Mick. Steph is good at her role.

I've said it before though: as long as there's such an emphasis on the authority figures the wrestlers will be a step down by default. Doing the dual authority figures only makes that worse because now we have to watch that dynamic play out.

To me that comes at a premium price. It's a creative crutch that in itself isn't all that compelling and yet anchors the show from start to finish.

There are very good characters right now. Some people are hitting homeruns creatively in *spite* of very little creative.

Enzo.
Charlotte.
Jericho.

All shining in their roles despite bland and mediocre storyline material. Jericho is an exception here since his role as sidekick to KO is absolute gold.

Enzo pops because of his charisma. He lives and dies by those in liners but his charisma and the greatness of the act carries the day.

Charlotte is a promo clinic every week despite an uninspired, boring, and tired angle with...Dana Brooke?

New day is just zzz zzz at this point. The Club is piss break status for me.

I know, I know, I'm an asshole smart fan who thinks he knows it all and could write circles around this stuff from the comfort of my couch. But this shit is NWO wolfpac era status right now. There's a ton of talent but they've got their crutch material on cruise control.