Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think it was a combo of things
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2560491&mesg_id=2564399
2564399, I think it was a combo of things
Posted by Y2Flound, Mon Sep-12-16 09:18 AM
I think people really wanted to see AJ get the belt which was a huge factor.

I think also WWE fans have a very short what have you done for me lately attention span these days with all of the cool stuff happening. At this rate I kind of worry they are going to burn through everyone they love and be in trouble by post Mania. You know as soon as Nakamura gets called up they'll demand he wins the belt and boo KO or whoever is champ at that point.

I think part of that is WWE also not striking while the iron is hot on people. Dean was red hot a year ago and they waited a long time and have nothing to write for his character. Rollins came back white hot as a face but instead they forced him as a heel and then turned him face 2 months later confusing people.

They are writing a lot of top stars in ways that the crowd doesn't know what to do with them and in a world where we seemingly can demand whoever we want get pushed and see it happen that's bad news for established stars.