Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I'm picking Rollins, but I'm really hesitant.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2560491&mesg_id=2560614
2560614, RE: I'm picking Rollins, but I'm really hesitant.
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Aug-18-16 11:12 PM
>1. The other singles titles almost assuredly won't change
>hands.
>
>2. They're really keen on Balor and I don't think they want
>the Demon K̶a̶n̶e̶ King losing in his debut.
>
>3. Rollins can take the loss and look fine.
>
>
>Still though, Rollins is their stalwart. You can have any face
>chasing him and it'll be fun. Balor could also have an even
>bigger moment if he wins it later, so they may want to delay
>his push just a little bit. I just think the Demon character
>and Finn himself need a lot more fleshing out on the big
>stage, but I don't think they see it that way. Plus if I'm
>starting a title lineage I want to go with a guy who is
>already on track to be an all-time great.

I think we get one heel champ and one face for the two big belts. Good thing is...they can go about that in a few ways. But I'm currently guessing we get overpowered Demon Balor as face champ for a bit and a heel on smackdown to counter the allegedly super face authorities. Right now, I'm going with 'Ziggla cheats in some way to beat Ambrose' and shenanigans ensue. My alt is Ambrose starts pouring on more of the Indy crazy and turns heel on Ziggla. Aka Ziggla would just be a tool used to turn Ambrose and get us ever closer to that inevitable Shield reunion. Either one could be fun to me. And they both could use a turn to help them get around their shaky offense.

I THINK I added my entry to the Google sheet. Good looking out. I went a little heavy on the 'weird' picks but I have that feeling about this card. I'm guessing they'll skew new where they feel they can (except Crews).

New day is losing right? Right? There's no way they see the fall holidays still holding the titles, right? Right? They can totally say 'booty' and be absurd for crowd enjoyment without the belts. It won't kill their merch sales too much either I'd guess. Anderson and Gallows have been one wrong loss away from Vaudevillain/Ascension status for months now. If it's goin down, let's get it ova wit.

I still can't see Brock losing to Orton tho. I just don't see it. I see a slew of almost rko situations breaking up what is mostly another Brock beatdown. I'd love to see Orton suplex city it up on Brock for a piece of the match. That would be fun to see.

Roo Roo losing to Reigns is soooo possible but I don't want to believe that either. Rusev is the shit. I'll only be cool with it if he's somehow gonna end up in the big title picture soon.