Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI wouldn't swap spots with y'all for all the women, weed & weather in LA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2556673&mesg_id=2556774
2556774, I wouldn't swap spots with y'all for all the women, weed & weather in LA
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-14-16 04:57 PM
>>It'd be almost sad how irrelevant the Lakers are right now
>>until I hear deluded Laker Fans like yourself pop off on us
>>like we ain't in a million times better position than y'all
>>right now.
>
BWHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAAA.....oh word.....now it's starting?

HAHAHAHAAHAAAAA.....cool.

>I know you enjoy taking the extreme positions because of the
>Lakers napoleonic complex drilled into you since birth but
>with Kobe now into retirement, we actually have a strategy and
>plan for team development.

I don't see much thus far (obviously jury way out on Ingram as a rookie but Randle is not a building block and I don't buy Russell ever being a Top 10 PG in this league let alone a superstar).

I also don't see a whole lot of help on the way in part because you guys are giving us your pick next draft even if it's #1 overall.

It is actually not an extreme position to say the Lakers are, as currently constructed, a poorly run organization from top down and a perennial bottom feeder with no real signs that's changing soon outside of "oh we're not doing something stupid like letting Kobe hijack the organization as he's done for half a decade.

I don't blame Laker Fans completely for not being able to recognize a shit show when it's staring them in the face, because it so rarely has during their lifetime.

But I'm acutely aware of what that looks like.

I've got next to no tangible indication that the Los Angeles Lakers having figured out anything or not being a mess that likely results in ownership-leader-jockeying, family in-fighting and Mitch being gone by the start of next season.
>
>That being said, I also like the position the Sixers are in.
>Lots of good talent but you guys certainly need guards who can
>space the floor in order to complement the 3-4-5 slots.
>
Sure.

Even if Ben Simmons becomes a point guard (which Brett Brown thinks he can be but I am strictly wait-and-see) they obviously have a glaring lack of shooters that can't be covered up at the two guard slot by Gerald Henderson Jr and Robert Covington and especially Nick Stauskus' bum-ass (I told Longo this dude was gonna be sorry but luckily we got paid to take him).

That will be for next year's draft and which of the three if-healthy bigs they decide to deal which if I had to lay money or invest any emotion in it would on both sides be Okafor.

I'm just happy that I'm gonna have young talent on the floor to watch/evaluate, it reminds me a bit of the early Stackhouse/Iverson/Thomas/Smith/etc teams where you knew you had some pedigree you just needed to watch them grow up a bit and suss out who was coming, staying and going while the squad trended upward.

To me if I can go to a Sixer game and see a lineup of Simmons, RoCo, Dario, Noel & Embid on the floor running together for a stretch up close?

Then that's the most excited I'm gonna be watching the Sixers since 2003.