Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthe fact that they had big surprises they didn't spoil is awesome
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2549696&mesg_id=2557960
2557960, the fact that they had big surprises they didn't spoil is awesome
Posted by pretentious username, Tue Jul-26-16 09:11 AM
usually they like to make a big deal about everything to the point that the result is pretty telegraphed. Had Sasha's big win come at Summerslam it wouldn't have gotten that pop because everyone would've seen it coming. That's a really good sign for things to come, and I hope they can rework Smackdown creatively to make it just as fun. Dean pinning Seth and Roman clean in one week for the title gives the show a lot of credibility, and now I actually believe they'll put the title on Styles eventually which was unthinkable a couple months ago.

While they're heavily incorporating new people, which could confuse the casual viewer temporarily, if the show has that feeling that something crazy could happen any given week it will help their ratings in the long run. the look and feel of the show is a huge upgrade even if it isn't perfect. They can make some tweaks, but it went surprisingly smoothly for a night where they tried some different stuff. It seemed like it took Graves an hour or so to get in his groove and then he was as good as usual. There were a couple small misses like the New Day bit, and the "Universal" title is a dreadful name, but in the era of 3-hour Raws that's the best one they've had.

Please remind me of this reply during the dog days of Fall.