Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject...but that wasn't the question...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2548577&mesg_id=2631914
2631914, ...but that wasn't the question...
Posted by bentagain, Tue Nov-28-17 02:11 PM
"If you are going to say that any player that we see in sports is the best of all time, then you need to do your research."

I think you would agree, there is a difference in research and actually being present for the events...yes?

"As I stated Russell went out a champion in his 13th and final NBA season. If he plays until year 15 then I truly believe that he is still playing at an elite level winning championships. Wilt was playing in the Finals years 15."

Are you saying those were Wilt's and Russell's best years? Because that is the question. Bron is in his 15th season. Has rings...but given his current production, this is shaping up to be his best season. That's the question. Was Russell's 13th chip his best season? Was Wilt's 15th year finals his best season? I think most people would agree...no, they weren't their best seasons. That's the question.

"The most interesting thing about Wilt and Russell is they walked away when they wanted to not having to chase anything or anyone. Bron is still playing trying to surpass MJ and is not able to walk away just yet."

I disagree, but that's a separate discussion. I don't think Bron is chasing anything at this point. I think he just wants to keep improving season to season and his legacy will write itself based on that...not a head to head comparison to MJ, IMO.

"So yes there are players still playing their best basketball either approaching their 15th season or in it. Also we are only a quarter of the way into the season, so let’s see how this will play out. Secondly no one cares what Bron does during the regular season anymore. They only are looking at what he does in the playoffs/finals."

Which is why I asked if you saw those players actually play. If you had some insight into why their 15th season was the best of their career, I'd love to hear it. Stating they went to the finals, or won a chip doesn't really prove that it was their best season as a bball player. I mean, how many vets do we see ring chase, and nobody would say that that was their best season...right?