Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI've thought about this a lot since Game 5.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2548577&mesg_id=2549048
2549048, I've thought about this a lot since Game 5.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jun-20-16 10:43 AM
I guess the thing that elevates a guy among the greats to me is their total ability to dominate a game and that's why for me LeBron has moved ahead of, gulp, Magic and Larry. Those guys were incredible and what they could do in terms of running a team (Magic) and powering an offense (Larry) was nearly impossible to duplicate. But they didn't do the things LeBron does on the defensive end.

To me he is in a class of two-way players that is very exclusive and small. Jabbar, Wilt, Hakeem, Moses, Oscar, Jordan and LeBron are the only members of the club. No disrespect to the aforementioned guys or Russell and Jerry West might deserve consideration for the list also. But just in terms of total impact on a game and being able to control it, you have only the most dominant big men and the two most complete perimeter players ever that are there with LeBron. Hopefully he gets in that cryo tank and gives himself a few more seasons at this level. With this accomplishment I think he has put himself back in the GOAT hunt if he can stay at this level for 4-5 years, which would be fucking crazy. Basically he would have put in Bean's entire career with the suck parts book ending it. Please believe that that argument is deader than James Naismith.