Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou're conflating things in a bad way.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2543718&mesg_id=2544261
2544261, You're conflating things in a bad way.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jun-07-16 02:01 PM
>they are currently the closest thing we have to current
>dynasty in pro sports right now. You said he can party all day
>and he should yet you want to talk about how he's not in
>reality???

You're conflating two different things entirely.

-Yes, he can and should party on his team success.

-Yes, he's got a very misguided perspective on some things that ignores a lot of context.

>Who cares how they've got where they are? How'd the heat get
>where they were with bron. How'd the spurs do it? What are you
>even talking about? And shouldn't he even enjoy it more since
>its a terrific blend that is highly unlikely in sports.

Here's a fine example:

"so fortunate that Curry doesn't meddle in GM/front office affairs "

Well, sure. That's a good thing and it's an element of what makes the Warriors work....but that's because everything is working out.

Look, I'd be pissed if the Lakers signed Brawn in part because we don't really need a dude trying to play GM. Kobe had his little run but eventually fell back.

Here's where a nuanced perspective comes in handy:

While I wouldn't want a guy on my squad who more or less makes personnel decisions by proxy, I can't fault Lebron for that because the Cavs front office has never been worth shit. When he went to Miami, he was basically the guy who put that squad together and they ultimately won titles with that formula. He's back with the Cavs and his impact on the team from that end is debatable, I can't imagine the Cavs making quality moves on their own.

So yeah, while Amristar is glad Steph isn't fucking with the front office moves, he kind of doesn't have to. Hence... he's delusional about that. It's like Stephanie McMahon talking about how she had to work her way up and started out working in the mail room or whatever, as though she wasn't already halfway up the corporate ladder even then. It's a completely tone deaf perspective.

>>By contrast, your approach to the Cavs and Brawn has a "let
>them eat cake" air to it.
>
>Lol how the hell should he feel about the CAvs???

For one, this is the second time you're badly conflating things. I'm not talking about how he should "feel". I'm talking about his perspective, or, rather, lack thereof. He's glad Steph doesn't do something he hasn't had to do in a way that presents a negative slant on Brawn, who is simply taking control of a situation where his front office has failed in the past .

>especially when bron stans were talking bout what was gonna
>happen in the 'rematch'?

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.