Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What's everyone's pick for the MITB match?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2546884
2546884, RE: What's everyone's pick for the MITB match?
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Jun-15-16 05:55 PM
>I'm going with KO baby!

This.

#1, 2, and 3 Kevin Owens

It is ALMOST too easy. He's the ultimate scumbag heel for the standard issue MitB situation. Having a clear cut beloved face as champ would make it even greater, but Kevin makes lemonade and chicken salads all the time.

I also want KO cuz I know he'd try to cash in like a normal shady person. We'd all see it coming. And it will be GREAT to see him sneaking down at the shadiest damn time possible...

BUT

He'll end up getting screwed out of the basic shady cash-in because Sami can't help being an actual good guy who steps in to stop the pending/obvious in-universe 'injustice' that is getting jacked out of your title. Maybe they pull that thing more than once. And then it would be fully understood that not only does the champ have to be vulnerable but Sami has to be somehow unavailable too.

And then the magic of KO: horrible person could be on display as he'll be trying to take out Sami AND lurk on the champ on the same night. And they could draw up some fun scenario for him to actually pull it off one night and then...let the outlandish heel gloating and trolling begin.

#4 Ambrose

However, there's also the possibility that Ambrose's long-expected turn could happen based on him having the briefcase and having an opportunity to cash it in. And WWE knows folks have been begging for Shield triple threat matches since they broke up 2 years ago. AND they still don't appear to be out on Reigns as Samoan Cena.

So, those are the two. I want KO. I think it's gonna be Ambrose.

If anyone else wins BESIDES AN OUT OF THE BLUE FINN BALOR, then I'd generally consider it 'booking for the swerve'...even if awesome as hell Cesaro is the one who wins. Jericho...no chance, that's whatcha got! And I unreasonably love love love Sami Zayn but this is not how he gets his title shot. He's the Mick Foley of this group...he'll win the title a couple times in shocking ways, but he's not gonna be walking around for 7 months out of a year with a big belt unless Vince or Haitch secretly love love love him too.