Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: and they still don't fit everything in too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2546727
2546727, RE: and they still don't fit everything in too
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Jun-14-16 03:27 PM
>>we don't need a new day promo every week
>>we don't need "and there's only one word to describe em"
>every
>>week

You know how it is...WWE is repetitive. The Rock was constantly issuing the same threats in basically the same order, HHH was the Rollins-style absurdly long-winded Game-UHHH, and Stone Cold was the action-packed anti-hero who was just there to scare chickenshit heels and Vince while bottom lining everything and beating whatever odds Vince threw at him for being such a rebel...it was all the same stuff with occasional things mixed in once it was all established.

Now, they are establishing this 'new era' of folks and they feel the need to beat it into people's heads who and what everyone is. What they don't truly 'get' is that the average person 'gets it' already and they can get go ahead and get into it.

They are starting to do it with AJ by letting him and Cena 'talk about it' during their inferno status verbal trade-offs. It's all good as long as AJ doesn't get goober status at MitB/anytime soon vs Jern. But yeah...it'll be time to do it with the upper midcard crew after this.

If anything, I'm guessing they are trying to slow-cook the 'new era' to give it the proper time to 'blow up'. They know about the folks who need to have stuff drilled into their head, so they keep trying to drill..just like they did in the late 90s.

As always, they aren't so worried about the folks who already know about the 'indy dudes', the fire pro wrestling moves, Japan, etcetera. They're basically using us to dangle in front of the more basic fans who can't be bothered to watch anything other than WWE Raw. If anything, the network is mostly for us nerds with some nonsense thrown in for other folks. And they probably view the current roster and relationships they have around the world (Evolve, New Japan) as the ultimate nerd fan service (even if wrestling is just still skewing towards shorter and/or smaller dudes).

>>we don't need a combo of Owens/Zayn/Jericho/Ambrose fighting
>>every week
>>

And Cesaro! Don't forget Cesaro. I'm fine with them in this upper middle card cluster through summerfest or the split in July. After that tho, they fo sho need to break up and get some business outside of themselves. And with this roster, it shouldn't be that hard.

>They write the script and are required to fit in all the
>above, then if they get around to the Apollos/Corbins/Shining
>Stars of the world, great. If not, oh well. I'm not even sold
>on those guys, but at least give me a chance to buy in. At the
>very least it could prevent the "oh right, him again" anti-pop
>that happens the following month.
>
>Speaking of, they're doing Corbin/Ziggler again on the MITB
>pre-show. Have they done nothing to update this feud? One guy
>won, one guy hit the other in the nuts, I think the other one
>retaliated... I don't even know why they started fighting and
>don't think they do either.

Ziggla's value is going through the floor. He's almost not over enough to get Corbin over at this point. I swear he'd be a fun Bullet Club dude after whatever they do with Finn goes down. Almost anything other than him wrestling the same guy 8 times over the course of 5 months would be an upgrade for him. A random title match or short run with a tag team (Corbin as his Diesel...ahem) would be hella sweet.

>AND WHERE IS SASHA???