Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think all this stuff is immaterial
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2546020
2546020, I think all this stuff is immaterial
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jun-13-16 11:06 AM
The current product as constructed has good wrestlers and, generally speaking, good wrestling, but it's creatively stale.

I think any brand split needs to be a true brand split for it to truly work.

I think that also demands two sets of titles.

I don’t really buy the whole mathematic argument that says that the titles will definitively be half as valuable because, as with everything, it’s all about presentation. This is all a work and they can make anyone or any title as valuable as they choose if they do the work to present it properly.

I think a brand split means Joe, Fin, and Nakamura get called up sooner than later along with a few other guys and I’d look for an influx of other talent, probably a few returning faces and perhaps even some fence mending with a few recent castoffs.

Two brand-centric PPV’s a month could work just fine…… if properly presented. The network makes this possible and I doubt they’re overly concerned with diluting what’s left of their PPV business.

I agree with you in that I don’t have the faith that they’ll do any of the things they’ll actually need to do to really make this work. I think that on paper they have the right approach in making everything completely separate... I just know that they don't have the creative chops to make Raw halfway interesting most weeks which gives me zero faith that they can pull this off.