Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I love NXT takeovers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2545093
2545093, RE: I love NXT takeovers
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Jun-09-16 09:49 PM
>great special so far. I want this tag team rivalry on
>Smackdown next month.

It's 80s mid-south rasslin with WWE production and Japan-ish 'work rate'. The faces are likeable good folks. The heels are classic heels: monsters, cheaters, and jackasses.

I love that the character stuff is rolled out reasonably well for the noobs. And 'I was the shit somewhere else' is usually treated like a big deal at least to start for the stars. AND since the rasslin is the main thing on every spot on the card, even 'I'm a good ass wrestler' is enough with the rock solid workers. Ziggla could only wish...

The thing I love most when I'm a marky wannabe innanet booker? NXT is absolutely not afraid to do a weird match layout and/or finish. Sometimes, a heel just hits his shit at the right time and wins. The golden boy/made folks can just show up, make a mistake or two, and get beat. And they don't seem 'trapped' into finishes anywhere near as much as the main roster. IE: there's not a slew of the 'ohh, Cena lost last time so he won't lose again for 6 big matches' stuff.

Like last night... Asuka just kept kicking until monster girl laid it down. And unbeatable signature move spamming ass Demon Finn? Shiiiid...Joe hit his AKI game turnbuckle special and it was done. And Swag was on the damn ropes before Aries took one dive too many and screwed himself.

Sami was the KING of 'who knows how this is gonna go' matches. It's glorious and fun to watch. It's so easy to invest in for me. And you know I love that damn Bayley, with her kinda homely but clearly southern fine self. Her and Sami are the best good guys in 20 years on wwe television.