Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHow would you change Smackdown?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2541220
2541220, How would you change Smackdown?
Posted by pretentious username, Thu May-26-16 10:32 AM
Raw won't change much. Could be better by being more focused but it could also be worse by not having as much talent to draw on for 3 hours a week. But smackdown could greatly improve, if only because it's 2 hours.

I was initially averse to the idea of making Smackdown an NXT-ish environment, but I'm warming up to it. Put many of those indy faves there (and only there) and the smarks will probably go out of their way to see it even if that's on dvr/hulu/the network. Live shows could get the marks, but 2 days in a row is a lot to ask. They gotta change the look and feel of the show and make it feel very contained though. the more different the more people will want to tune in. Assuming Shane takes over I think they could have him be like Regal: the "opportunity" guy. Everybody's got a chance to prove themselves but they gotta step up.

As far as roster depth goes: I don't think they're there today but they're close. Some injury returns and call-ups puts them in a really good spot and NXT has a way of replenishing itself. Really gotta see how it shakes out in June to get a good picture.

For now I agree with everyone that the tag and women's division should have crossover. I hope they don't do two world titles, but they do need some sort of Smackdown-specific goals.