Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIMO this was sealed the second USA took Smackdown
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2540954
2540954, IMO this was sealed the second USA took Smackdown
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed May-25-16 09:34 AM
Seems like guys like Cody, Ryback, Sandow, and Barrett would have been great for this.

They could actually give guys like that room to breathe and a chance to shine with a brand split.

I think there's still plenty of guys on the roster to make use of though so I'm far less down on the idea that they don't have the manpower to pull it off. I think this could be particularly good for the women's division.

Still, it all boils down to whether or not they actually start trying to elevate guys higher and actually make a concerted effort to differentiate the two shows.

It’s pretty apparent to me that this will be another McMahon Mania situation where Steph runs Raw and Shane runs Smackdown and the two shows will still run the same basic blueprint, same generic look, same production techniques, the same booking strategies, the same everything.

At least this presents possibilities so there’s the chance they could view this as an opportunity to revamp some things, though I have zero faith in that.