Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhy didnt KO get his rematch? Shane put him through hoops
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2540703
2540703, Why didnt KO get his rematch? Shane put him through hoops
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue May-24-16 11:53 AM
He lost it in a match where he didnt have to get pinned and his "rematch" was similar.

We have changes in terms of personel- i.e, AJ in the main event, Gallows and Anderson in play.

Yet, how have they been used? Both sides of the AJ/Reigns feud played tweener. G & A were basically heels but the whole thing was odd since so much of the crowd hates Roman.

Which is another thing: Reigns is consistently booed mercilessly. Rollins returns to a massive face pop.

Old Vince would stay the course with Reigns and keep Rollins heel....Which is what happened last night. Further...

Instead of giving Reigns a chance to play off Seth and try to move the crowd in his favor he stayed silent.

I could go on but this is way beyond Shane. So much of it is paint by numbers with a stale template. So much of it is Vince being intent on realizing his vision even if the best result he can get is a mixed reaction for his chosen ones even when crowds are consistently behind other guys.

I've heard ex writers talk about how certain guys are seen in the back and how certain guys do y move quarter hour numbers or merch and how these are reasons why Vince doesn't roll with them, yet we see how Vince positions merch for his pet projects in a very advantageous way compared to others and how they discount ratings in the face of criticism. Vince Lucas in a bubble and all information seems to be filtered based on how well it fits his preconceived notions.

We have new faces and there are occasional moments like Lastnight where the right choice was made in terms of setting up that title match but then what?

They have to use a McMahon to do it. Instead of letting the wrestlers tell the story, a McMahon has to be the bridge between them.

Yes there are changes but they are mostly cosmetic. There have been minimal changes under the hood, however.