Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: word. even in spite of bad writing things are pretty good.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2538569
2538569, RE: word. even in spite of bad writing things are pretty good.
Posted by jimaveli, Sat May-14-16 08:04 AM
>a 2 hour raw and knocking out some of these dumb PPVs (not
>the first to say this, but 8 ppvs and 4 of these network
>special show specials would be great) would really improve
>things. i will say that they're making raw eps more themed and
>that's good. it's not all about roman conquering XYZ. they'll
>actually let the b-stories get the most play because many
>people enjoy those more. there's kinda something for everyone
>and that might be their intention.

Right. It's like they might actually understand that getting multiple people over is a priority. Maybe it's the injuries last year that led to a long look. Maybe HHH/Regal/the rasslin contingent is gaining power. Whatever it is, I'm seeing more likeable and/or new folks on a given show than I have in a good while. With even okay matchups, the average ppvs are a long way from the one match shows they were putting on the last few years. And we are staring in the face of a situation where they basically can't avoid an epic Mania or 3 in the next few years provided folks stay healthy.

Aka I love the roster and I'm all in on the level of rasslin so I can tolerate a few champs losing nontitle matches and rollups during the weekly shows..annoying as they can be.

And now Smackdown is getting to be watchable again. The 2-hour thing helps quite a bit fo sho. That and the upgrade in rasslin.

The slow cooking of 'the club' and the no cooking of the Shane thing are both pretty annoying, but I'm still having a grand old time watching these folks. And there's not a big show or Kane main event to be found anywhere. It's about time.