Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: it is coming...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2536503
2536503, RE: it is coming...
Posted by jimaveli, Thu May-05-16 08:12 AM
WWE/Vince...we know how it goes...they ALWAYS want to give the impression that THEY'VE decided how things are going to go. AKA they don't want to come out of the blue and make Reigns start calling kids ugly and chicks fat. They want to give him 'excuses' to be horrible so that they can milk that Bret Hart 'I think I'm right' style of heel. AKA they're trying to 'maximize' it since they think the window of him being hated is only opening wider as time goes on.

More that that, they know they have a stable of rasslers who can go so they are trying to bring some shenanigans to get as many of them AND the 'other dudes' over as possible along the way. Maybe that's getting greedy, but the folks I'm calling 'other dudes' are currently Miz, Usos, and Anderson/Gallows..dudes with merit on their own..even the Usos as the ultra boring babyface tag team who mainly exist to warm up live crowds early in shows.

But they aren't the workhorse cats who are about to run WWE for the next 5 years: AJ, Sami, KO, Cesaro, The Shield (all 3), the Horsewomen (all 4), Balor, Rejuvenated Samoa Joe, and don't forget friggin Shinsuke Nakamura. Add in the youngsters (Enzo, Cass, WolfTaker, American Alpha, etcetera), Booty-Os, and some occasional Jericho, and we are onto something if anyone else shows up and does good work (Eric Young, KENTA, Bobby Roode, anyone).

Look at that list! I'm too excited to give much of a shit about match results right now. If a bulk of those dudes are on a roster and working in important spots, I'm good with wading through some Vince-isms, seeing too much of McMahons (Steff still fine anyway), Rybacks seeing the writing on the wall and throwing (at least partially valid) tantrums, and a few wonky finishes. Hell...I'm even fine with some Cenawinslol as long as it doesn't derail the movements too badly. Bray, Cena, Brock, Orton, and HHH can all get in where they fit in with this situation and things will be even better.

This run right now (new era or whatever) is Reigns as the chosen one surrounded by wrestling machines throughout the card and with him. Last time they did that to great success was the 80s with Hoke Hogan surrounded by most of the best guys from multiple territories showing up to be fed to their cash cow. And Reigns is younger than Hoke was with a gang of athletic ability and at least a bit of humility since he's been shat on so fiercely at televised shows for months now.

To me, that means the kid has no choice but to BRING IT in the ring to keep backstage interested beyond their stubborn stance that he's the one. I'm guessing he sells merch too, so there's that. AKA folks don't hate him as much as our innanet 'everything sucks even though it doesn't' echo chamber would have us believe. Problem now: the live crowds have been taken over by the boo birds and now booing him is a thing to do even if he's out there having good matches anytime he's not stuck laying around for 30 minutes with HHH, who should've known better than to have that match at the end of that long ass show.