Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject#TeamBigGuy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2536484
2536484, #TeamBigGuy
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu May-05-16 12:18 AM
It's funny to watch people shit on him though, considering nearly everything he's complaining about has actively contributed to the lackluster and stagnant product we've had for the last 5-6 years. He, along with a long line of others, is very much a victim of WWE's 50/50 strategy. He's a product of a system that has continued to push the brand at the expense of the that carries the brand on its collective back. Pun not intended, but very appropriate nonetheless

RYBACK ISN'T A LOSER. He's actually pretty damn articulate and intelligent in his letter. I disagree with his stance on the hierarchy of pay but after that he's pretty much on point. No, everyone shouldn't be paid equally.... but damn if the overarching sentiment doesn't have some validity because WWE has actively quelled an environment that could actually foster a meritocracy in favor of McMahon family cronyism.

NOBODY who criticized McMahon's "brass ring" comment should have a damn thing to say about this. NOBODY. WWE- i.e, VINCE- has created a system that stifles individuality and creativity in an environment that seems to discourages wrestlers from expressing any sentiment that doesn't gladhand the creative decisions and that has hindered careers left and right.

From what I've seen in the reaction to this is that most people are trying too hard to be too cool for school. I take it most of these people are anti-union republicans because he's speaking very much from a labor standpoint. There's a clear glass ceiling and he's TALKING ABOUT IT. GOOD. More people in WWE need to call WWE out on their practices. Good on him for having the balls to do this.

He's not some generational talent. He's a passionate guy who actually did something significant despite his limitations. WWE actually did something significant with him in a way that showed he could definitely produce at a higher level.

He's clearly proven that fans WILL GET BEHIND HIM if the machinery gets behind him. We've seen him get big pushes toward the top of the card on at least two occasions, only for WWE to pull the rug out from under him. We've seen the same with Dolph. We've also seen it with Dean to a degree. Barrett worked in his initial run. Then the squashed him and a slew of injuries didn't help his case.

There are a handful of guys who the fans have gotten behind only for WWE to actively quell those tides. WWE built them. They were very much products of the WWE machinery. WWE made them... then broke them back down.

Then you have the class above those guys, the Bryans, the Punks, and Kevin Owens. These guys GOT OVER. Not because of the machinery but because they knew how to connect with the crowd. WWE had various reservations and tried to keep them down. Bryan and Punk were simply undeniable and made it in spite of WWE's best efforts. KO should be the biggest thing in the entire company right now by a landslide but the second he made Cena The God bleed, they pumped his brakes like a motherfucker.

Good on Ryback for speaking out. I'm not donating to any GoFundMe campaigns when he gets the ax for this but I applaud him for this.